via amazon.comA co-worker lent me this book, Read this before our next meeting: The Modern meeting standard for successful organizations by Al Pittampalli, a few months ago and I finally read it today. I normally hate meetings because I often feel like they accomplishe nothing. So, I was pleased to read these seven principles of the Modern Meeting Standard. I will put them into action immediately.
1. Meet only to support a decision that has already been made.
2. Move fast. End on schedule.
3. Limit the number of attendees.
4. Reject the unprepared.
5. Produce committed action plans.
6. Refuse to be informational. Read the memo, it's mandatory.
7. Work with brainstorms, not against them.